This particular 1963 Corvette was the 2d sold in California. It was purchased in 1962 by Doug Fort, who is the owner of the Santa Maria Speedway. The Corvette was actually used as a pace car on numerous occasions
This car is powered by the high performance 327 cubic inch engine which produced 340 horsepower and is mated to a 4 on the floor stick shift. It was purchased with a 4:11 differential which, in its' day, gave the car impressive acceleration from a standing start.
The "split window" was only produced during the 1963 model year and gave way to complaints of a blind spot. Since then, it has become a true icon and is one of the most desirable models of Corvette collectors.
1963 Chevrolet Corvette
- Year Built: 1963
- Vehicle Type: Corvette, Split Window
- Built By: General Motors, Chevrolet Div
- Suspension: Independent Rear Suspension
- Engine: 8 Cylinder, 327 cubic inch, 340 horsepower
- Owner: Woodland Family Collection