Anthony Simone's Record Setting Pavement Sprint Car. This Sprint Car was designed to be raced on paved tracks only. It is believed to be 1 of 2 cars built to these specifications by Grant King. It is extremely unique in design as it could be raced as either a non-wing Sprint Car or, with addition of wings, it could be raced in Super Modified or Unlimited races.
Several of the outstanding drivers that raced this #10 pavement car include 2008 NSCHofF, (National Sprint Car Hall of Fame), inductee Brent Keading, Wally Pankratz, John Ryals, and Anthony Simone.
In 1987, Anthony Simone at the wheel of #10, shattered the Phoenix International Raceway 1 mile record for Sprint Cars during the all important Copper Classic Race.
1975 Pavment Sprint Car
- Year Built: 1975
- Vehicle Type: Pavement Sprint Car
- Built By: Grant King (per Gary Bettenhousen specifications)
- Suspension: 4 Bar Cross Torsion with Coil Over Shocks
- Engine: Small block Chevy V-8, Aluminum Block and Heads, Fuel Injected, Methanol Fuel, 360 cubic inch to Unlimited cubic inch per association rules
- Owner: Woodland Family Collection