This vehicle is currently not on display
The Mustang was first introduced on April 17, 1964 and known as the 1964 1/2 model. This car was built at Ford's San Jose, California plant on 2/12/65. It was purchased in 1965 by Fred Woodland, Robert's uncle (See photo above of 1 year old Robert with his mother and the same car in the background).
This car was completely restored and updated. It retains the original body and rear suspension, but 4 wheel disc brakes, rack and pinion steering, tilt wheel, C4 automatic transmission with a 9 inch rear end were added. In addition, the floor pan was lowered to allow high back seats with 3 point safety belts. The finishing touches include custom paint and upholstery as well as custom wheels.
The fabrication work and beautiful paint job were performed by Alex Lopez while the mechanics were performed by Darrell Hall.
This Vehicle is Currently Not on Display. Some vehicles are rotated out to make room for other vehicles.
1965 Mustang Coupe
- Year Built: 1932
- Vehicle Type: Model 68 Coupe (with Rumble Seat)
- Built By: Marmon Motor Company
- Suspension: Solid Axles and Semi-elliptic leaf springs front and rear
- Engine: Straight 8 cylinder, L-Head, 211.2 cubic inch, 76 horsepower
- Owner: Woodland Family Collection