This car was originally built by Robert Yates Racing for his driver, Dale Jarrett. It was debuted at Taladega, Ala. that year with Dale earning a podium finish. Dale raced this car several times during the course of the year. It is one of several Robert Yates cars he drove that season, earning him the NASCAR Driving Championship.
The car was later sold and became part of the Cal Wells, Precision Preparation, Inc., racing team. They raced with little success in 2000 with several drivers but in 2001 they hired Ricky Craven. The Cal Wells team converted the car from a super speedway car to a short track car and Ricky won his first race with this car at Martinsville, Virginia.
1999 NASCAR Winston Cup Stock Car
- Year Built: 1999
- Vehicle Type: NASCAR Winston Cup Stock Car
- Built By: Robert Yates Racing
- Suspension: Independent Coil Spring Front, Coil Spring Truck Arm Rearr
- Engine: Robert Yates Ford, 358 cubic inch, single 4 barrel carburator.
- Owner: Woodland Family Collection